Position: Bank Reconciliation Accountant
The Company is a vertically integrated Real Estate management company that creates, manages, and supports communities throughout New York City.
We are focused on being both a great place to work and to live. We are part of a very competitive NYC residential real estate market and need a very talented team to deliver on our promises to residents and to communicate to the world why they should live in our communities.
We are looking for someone to join our Accounting Team in the role of Bank Reconciliation Accountant. If you are interested in helping to build and create as we take care of our residents today and reshape communities to attract the resident of the future, then maybe you should join us.
Only read further if you are:
- Someone who cares about building a great place for people to live and work.
You should be:
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- A team player with a genuine desire to serve others.
- A doer who enjoys the challenge of solving complex problems.
- An executor who is passionately committed to excellence and will relentlessly pursue the team’s goals.
- An achiever who believes that if we do something we should do it better than anyone.
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
- Prepare, perform and reconcile level bank accounts to operating systems, including but not limited to:
- Lockbox bank accounts activity related to rent receipts.
- Security deposit control bank accounts related to deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
- Operating disbursement accounts related to vendor payment, payroll and other expenditures.
- Other bank accounts as deemed appropriate for this role.
- Coordinate with Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Construction Teams to investigate and resolve differences between and amongst banks, operating systems, and general ledgers with adequate supporting documentation.
- Enhance business process efficiency by rationalizing activities and/or leveraging system functionality (i.e., Auto Bank Recon logic).
- Standardize shared services approach and operating procedures for performing and managing bank reconciliations across the Beam Platform.
- Formalize written policies and procedures for uniform and consistent execution of activities within a clear control framework.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Systems.
- Strong understanding (2+ years) of accounting and financial operations and demonstrated experience in bank reconciliation
- The ability to work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously in a professional and effective manner to achieve collective goals.
- A strong analytical ability with capability to resolve reconciling items to closure.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and bank accounts in an organized timely fashion.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills; Excel expected at intermediate level (Pivot Tables, Macros)
- Fanatical discipline and relentless desire to do what needs to be done.
- A love for doing what others won’t and solving very difficult problems.
- A desire to grow and take on ever increasing responsibility.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go. We don’t have any “best place to work” awards, but that will change soon. Just watch.
Competitive pay and full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave. We have a CEO that will make fun of himself and would welcome you to come into his office and tell him he was wrong.
If any of that sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.