|We are looking for candidates currently working as audit seniors in an accounting firm. Our client is a growing, mid-sized accounting firm with offices nationally. They are looking for an audit senior or manager currently at an accounting firm with 3+ years of experience for their Stamford office. Base salary is $60-90K plus bonus and an excellent benefits package. They continue to grow their practice and the candidate selected will have room for continued advancement and promotion throughout their career. The Audit Manager will lead engagements supported by Partners who will educate and train. They have a very entrepreneurial, roll up your sleeves work environment.|
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements with the ability to manage budgets.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts.
- Consult, work with and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent for the Firm
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Interact with potential clients and work with Partners to create proposals to generate new business.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting required.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in public accounting.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP, GAAS, and SEC rules where applicable) and accounting standards and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Individual should be prepared to meet challenging client requirements and possess the ability to multi-task and execute in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Possess strong communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with ProSystem FX Engagement.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Ability to travel to various client locations via personal car and work additional hours as needed.