- You’ll use modern web app development principles to develop a user facing web application. (we only support evergreen browsers!)
- You’ll collaborate with various team members to manage the implementation of both current and new features.
- You’ll need to ensure constant awareness of application performance.
- You’ll assist in future feature development planning.
Of course, you’ll be responsible for many things, but here’s what we absolutely require:
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that the company website renders well across multiple devices.
- Build and maintain modular, reusable, components.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Review feature implementation and plan future technology upgrades with the development team.
- Constantly optimize application code for maximum performance and scalability.
- Stay abreast of developments in related technologies, frameworks, and modern best practices.
- Produce accurate and high quality work.
We won’t put you in a box when it comes to who you are as a person, but we have to set some parameters for what skills will be required for you to be considered. We’ll start with the must haves and absolutely non-negotiables:
- You have a love for working with VanillaJS and Vue (preferred), React, Angular, or equivalent JS frameworks.
- You have a solid understanding of ES6 and how code is bundled/compiled with tools like Webpack and Babel.
- You can craft UI’s with Bulma, Bootstrap, or equivalent CSS frameworks.
- You have experience with, and more importantly, and understanding of why you’re using modern tooling like npm and Git.
- You can cover your code with unit tests using tools like Jest and Mocha.
- You can build and consume RESTful APIs.
- You have knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented programming paradigms.
- You can employ best practices and appropriate design patterns to create data-driven applications.
- You can collaborate with the development and design departments to turn design ideas into functional features.
And now for the nice to haves:
- You know your way around a linux server.
- You have experience with PHP, Laravel or similar MVC framework.
- TDD, BDD or DDD experience.
- You have experience operating in a Scrum environment.
- You’ve worked with SPAs, client-side routing, and advanced state management patterns.
- You love to solve architectural problems.