We are looking for candidates currently working as audit managers or audit seniors in an accounting firm. Our client is a growing, mid-sized accounting firm with offices nationally. They continue to grow their practice and the candidate selected will have room for continued advancement and promotion throughout their career. They have a very entrepreneurial, roll up your sleeves work environment. The Audit Manager will lead engagements supported by Partners who will educate and train. They are looking for an audit manager currently at an accounting firm with 5 years of healthcare experience for their Harrison office which is convenient to MetroNorth. The candidate must be able to work in Harrison, have a car and be able to travel to clients in the 5 boroughs and Westchester. Base salary is $100-135K plus bonus and an excellent benefits package. Candidates must be permanently authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Responsibilities
· Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in the nonprofit and commercial industries with the ability to manage budgets.
· Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts.
· Consult, work with and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement.
· Understand and manage Firm risk on audits and proposals.
· Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
· Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
· Actively participate in recruiting talent for the Firm
· Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
· Interact with potential clients and work with Partners to create proposals to generate new business.
· Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
· Currently working as an external audit manager or senior
· Active CPA license
· Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting
· Local to the specific office
· 5+ years prior experience in healthcare public accounting with extensive experience with commercial engagements
· Significant experience in the industry or technical expertise in financial reporting and GAAP
· Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS
· Ability to interact with potential clients and generate new business
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
· Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues
· Excellent communication and computer skills
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various local client sites via personal car.