We are currently seeking an experienced leader with a luxury hotel background for our Human Resources department. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for all areas of the HR department with essential functions as listed.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct the Human Resource function at the hotel to attract, retain, develop and motivate Team Members in accordance with policies/ procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, while limiting liabilities and promoting a safe, fair, positive work environment.
- Short and long term planning and the daily operations of the Human Resources department. Develop and recommend the hotel's Human Resource objectives. Participates in total management as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee.
- Plan and manage the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes to maintain staffing levels with qualified individuals.
- Supervise human resources operation in the hotel to attract, retain and motivate staff; train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Counsel and train managers on Team Member relations issues, resolve Team Member grievances.
- Conduct management exit interviews and examine all exit interviews for trends. Implement strategies that limit turnover.
- Formulate budgets for Team Member relations, staff training and recruitment advertising. Manage expenses for human resources.
- Survey, recommend, implement and manage an hourly wage and benefit program and administer the management salary program within the corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper maintenance of Team Member records, files and human resource office systems. Manage the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information.
- Oversee all employee relations and labor-related matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws, including, but not limited to: Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, a related discipline or commensurate experience.
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certification preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience preferably in a luxury hotel or related environment. Must have the ability to deal effectively with all applicants and associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse confrontations, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as complete knowledge of City, State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters. Must be able to observe employees in the work place, analyze operations, detect situations of concern and correct issues with regard to areas such as employee performance, training, policy adherence and morale. Ability to prepare, read and communicate verbally and in writing.