Assist the Controller with preparing financial statements and maintaining the books & records of the property. Work on various assignments including balance sheet reconciliations, accounts payable and the preparation of sales tax & payroll tax returns. The successful candidate must have strong mathematical skills and strong problem-solving skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Assist with month-end closing process
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
- File quarterly payroll taxes
- Plan and organize work, communicate goals, to ensure all accounting standards are maintained.
- Manage accounts payable in the company's purchase order system.
- Prepare financial analysis of hotel progress including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts; ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Direct preparation of budgets and financial forecasts and reporting.
- Provide assistance to the General Cashier and assume all duties when needed
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on monthly basis, review and approve those reconciliation’s
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Experience in a hotel/resort environment
- Opera experience is a plus
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (M3 experience a plus)
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting
- Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus
- Strong Excel skills